Jay Don Watson- Partner
Experience in complex commercial and residential real estate and lending transactions, including the following:
- Representation of lenders in complex real estate lending and financing transactions, involving subdivisions, office buildings, warehouses, townhome projects, hotels, shopping centers and spec homes.
- Representation of lenders in workouts, foreclosures and enforcement of loan documents and collection of notes.
- Representation of residential developers in connection with the acquisition, development and sale of various subdivisions in the Bryan/College Station, Texas area.
- Representation of developers of townhome projects in the College Station, Texas area, in connection with the acquisition, development and sale of townhome projects.
- Representation of developers of shopping centers, warehouse space and office buildings in the acquisition of real estate, drafting of cross-parking and access easements, and long-term leases.
- Representation of clients in the acquisition and sale of various types of businesses, including asset and stock sales.
- Presently represents or has represented numerous banking and lending institutions including, but not limited to, Citibank, Spirit of Texas Bank, Prosperity Bank, Compass Bank, Brenham National Bank, Capital Farm Credit and MidSouth Bank.
Baylor University, B.B.A. (1969)
Baylor University School of Law, J.D. (1969)
- Member, Payne, Watson, Miller, Malechek & Scherr, P.C. law firm, 1969; Partner 1974; President 1997 until February 2010
- AV Peer Review Rate - Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in the area of Commercial Real Estate Law, Farm and Ranch Law and Residential Real Estate Law
- Former President of Brazos County Bar Association
- Former Mayor of the City of Bryan, Texas
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of Brazos County Bar Association
- Former General Counsel and Advisory Director for First Bank of Snook, Texas
- Highest grade on Texas Bar Exam
Click Here For Printable Version